Ah, account-based marketing (ABM). That fresh, new strategy everyone in marketing is talking about....
It's the dawn of a new year — and, hopefully, the dawn of a new strategy 🌅
Join Lead Strategist Sam and PPC expert Christian as they discuss everything you need to know about creating a marketing strategy for 2022 — and any other year after that. Click the video below to watch along and hear their insights.
Do I need a new strategy?
If you have a stack of results to sort through and new goals on the horizon, chances are, you need a new strategy.
We continually review strategy, create brand new plans every three months and perform more in-depth reviews annually. Don't forget — strategy isn't set in stone either. You can tweak as and when you feel it needs it.
Basically, if you haven't brushed off your marketing strategy in a while, now's the time to do it.
Developing a strategy
There isn't a one-size-fits-all approach to strategy creation. However, a few elements will appear in every successful marketing strategy:
- Marketing goals: these set the foundation of your strategy, road mapping what you're trying to achieve and when
- Budget: this often dictates marketing activities and reigns in any big-picture ideas that make your strategy unrealistic to implement
- Marketing fundamentals: SEO, content marketing, social media — master this stuff before moving on to overly trendy activities like AI
Implementing a strategy
Time to take action. Our experts leave you with a couple of top tips to make sure your strategy turns into a reality and is optimised at every step of the way:
- Prepare a variety of assets: Before beginning any work, create a bank of assets to enable work to flow freely and allow you to create subtle testing.
- Regularly report: Report on your progress and evaluate what's working (and what's not) month on month.
- Be flexible: Be open to changing parts of your strategy if it isn't working in practice.
Think there's no point watching the podcast after reading? Think again.
We've only skimmed the surface of the conversation, and for those short on time, we recommend skipping to the end of the episode to head straight to a juicy Q&A.
Stay on top of all things strategy
Any of our podcasts should keep you in the loop of the latest marketing trends, helping enrich your strategy development in the future.
For strategy-focused knowledge, make sure you keep an eye out for new episodes of The Strategist Playbook podcast — a place to learn about top-level marketing from the masters.